What are you able to do with the Raspberry Pi, the affordable computer the size of a credit card? All sorts of things! In case you are learning how to program–or having a look to build new electronic projects, this hands-on guide will show you just how valuable this flexible little platform may also be.
Updated to include coverage of the Raspberry Pi Model B+, Getting Started with Raspberry Pi takes you step by step through many fun and educational possibilities. Profit from several preloaded programming languages. Use the Raspberry Pi with Arduino. Create Internet-connected projects. Play with multimedia. With Raspberry Pi, you’ll do all of this and more.
In Getting Started with Raspberry Pi, you’ll:
- Get aware of hardware features on the Pi’s board
- Learn enough Linux to move around the operating system
- Start programming in Python and Scratch
- Draw graphics, play sounds, and maintain mouse events with Pygame
- Use the Pi’s input and output pins to perform a little hardware hacking
- Discover how Arduino and the Raspberry Pi can work together
- Create your own Pi-based web server with Python
- Work with the Raspberry Pi Camera Module and USB webcams