Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers don’t seem to be guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or get admission to to any online entitlements included with the product.
The Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Medical Specialty, 3rd edition delivers a well-researched, insider’s look at the complex issues medical students face when choosing a medical specialty. Supported by first-hand knowledge, useful facts and statistics – plus the writer’s personal experience and gut-level reports from current residents — this unique guide provides the whole lot necessary to compare specialties and make a confident decision.
The Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Medical Specialty, 3rd edition is divided into two sections:Part 1 Planning Your Medical Career delves into the main issues surrounding the choice of your medical specialty. These twelve chapters provide the whole lot you wish to have to begin making this major decision – from how to research every specialty to how to apply for residency. Part 2 Specialty Profiles features chapters devoted to every of the 20 major specialties. It provides important information such as the contemporary salary information, employment data, and match statistics.
- An “insider’s look” at different areas of medicine — with specialty chapters written by physicians just out of residency training
- Candid and revealing descriptions of every specialty
- Profiles of the major specialties, including those to which you could have had little exposure, such as radiation oncology
- A concise, up-to-date guide to the residency application and matching process
- A chapter with valuable advice that can assist you maximize your success in obtaining a residency position in every field
- Updated to include alternative career paths for MDs, such as laboratory science, the military, MD/MBA, and MD/JD